Skip to main content

Beauty Resolutions for 2017

"Your body is the only permanent place you have to live. "

Hey folks! here are few of the beauty resolutions that you can take for 2017.I am listing ten beauty resolutions which you can start dwelling into your lifestyle even today! These are simple and really need to be in your routine no matter what your age is.Honestly, I am unable to keep up with beauty resolutions because basically, i just can't restrict myself to one product/method(lack of self-discipline ..haha ). I have an invincible carve to try out new things( curiosity..u see.. :-P)Let me know in the comments which one's are you taking for yourself this year. 




    Make notes of Expiration Dates

    We always tend to overuse the products despite of their mentioned dates. Let's make a note to discard a product as soon as it reaches its expiry date or (even better) use it before it expires. Using a product bypass their expiration date can (sometimes)cause serious consequences. I check all my makeup/beauty products every month and put a label which have their expiration date in the upcoming month and keep it in the front row of my vanity. This really helps whenever i'm getting ready and keeps me safe from expired products.




    Disinfect your tools


    You can tell me hundred times but I won't keep up to this one! I'm such a lazy bum like that. This year I'll make sure to wash my brushes,clean my makeup sponges( beauty blenders) and disinfect all my tools on a regular basis. The makeup applicators carry hell lot of bacteria which gets transferred to your skin every time you use them.So, let's just get those germs out. You can use basically any mild cleanser to clean them. I prefer using baby shampoo, you can use any daily shampoo but just make sure to rinse the tools in running water very well after that. Let them be completely dry before you stash them in your vanity.




    Simple and Strict CTM
    We all know the importance of a good skin regime. Use a mild cleansing face wash everyday followed up by toning and moisturizing.Make your daily routine as simple as possible so that you can keep up to it even when you're in a hurry. Use Sunscreen, no matter what because the effects of sun damage can show up till ten years. Now , that's something we can't risk!



    Have beauty sleep
    You might already know the benefits of a good six-eight hour sleep.A good sleep relax your muscles and replenishes the tired tissues. The digital era made our eyes quench for more rest. So, balance out your work and dedicate yourself undisturbed six to eight hours of sleep so that your brain gets the rest it deserves and you can be more productive the next day.




    Oils for everything

    'Oils are for moisturizing' that's what we use to believe.Nowadays the beauty market has introduced so many cleansing oils.Though they are not easily available in India yet but are tempting to look online. Include at least one oil in your skin regimen, choose whichever resonates to your choice/skin. I love coconut oil, I use it for moisturizing my skin, I use it for my hair along with baby oil and olive oil, sometimes I remove eye makeup with it too(basically I use it for everything..haha). It has a very light texture and makes my skin feel hydrated. Olive oil also posses great nourishing properties. It makes great face and hair packs. Baby oil is used as the mildest (yet effective) makeup remover.




    Stay Hydrated

    Drink water. That's it. I cannot stress enough on the fact that how important it is to drink water. We all know it, here's something that can help: Use new flavors of squashes/ juices to keep yourself motivated. I hate drinking plain water repeatedly, so what i do is: I drink a glass of water and then the next time when I'm thirsty I switch it up with a flavored drink and then another flavored drink or water for the next time. This way I'm able to keep myself hydrated and smiling. Few of my options for a flavored drink are: Ginger squash (my fav), Pineapple squash, Lemon water, Roohafza. Don't use carbonated drinks as they will do more harm than good.



    Don't sleep with makeup on
    It's a sin to your skin and just don't do it. Sleeping with makeup on your face can clog pores which can lead to severe skin problems. No matter how much you love makeup or how lazy you are or how tired you are, just get it off before you go to bed and your skin will thank you. Use a makeup remover catered to your skin type/requirements to get all the makeup and dirt off your face, then use your regular face wash to ensure deep cleansing. Clogged pores results in acne, blackheads and all sorts of unattractive skin conditions so confirm a clean face before you hit the bed.




    Clean canvas before your art
    The colors show up better and look more flattering on a clean canvas. Similarly, makeup enhances one's beauty if skin is well prepped for it. So, it is very important to have a healthy skin before you start experimenting with makeup. Don't touch your face often, as your skin collects dirt and bacteria which may spread and lead to infections. If your skin isn't healthy, it has a greater tendency to react with makeup products you use which will make the condition worse. Use a mild and effective cleanser twice daily. Use face scrubs at least once in a fortnight if you don't use any makeup products. If you tend to use makeup then use scrubs at least once in a week. Also, use face packs at least once in a fortnight. This is the minimum you can do to keep your skin clean and healthy. Additionally, you can go for cleanups and increase the usage frequency of face scrubs and face packs.


    Develop good habits
    Rome wasn't build in a day. Developing good habits is a process, indeed a very rewarding process. Just try replacing your bad habits with good ones, one by one and eventually you'll see notice a remarkable positive difference. Beauty requires routines and repetition. Developing good beauty habits is a crucial process and once you're done, you'd never wanna look back. There will be times when you wanna give up, but then you 'll be enlightened by who you are and more by who you wanna become. The secret is to never give up and always hold on to the positivity.




    Using Face masks
    There are all kinds of face masks available in the market: Hydrating, Pore tightening, Anti-tan, skin upliftment, Anti-blemish, Deep cleansing, Detoxifying and what not! Choose your face masks according to your skin type and skin issues. Make it a habit to use face masks regularly. I prefer using the face masks before sleeping, it really depends on what suits you. Face masks are preferably used after a face scrub. You can also DIY you face masks which are a better option in my opinion.


  • Leave any questions, quires, suggestions in the comment section below. I 'd love to hear from you and help you guys out!
    Much love,
    Ritzy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Know all about coding : Websites for beginners

"Education is training of brain on how to think, not learning of facts. -Albert." Hola! I have been coding for approximately 9 years now and do i know it all to do it by myself? No, no one actually does. Everyone learns on the way and it stays like that almost forever. Honestly, its not even humanly possible to remember each tag/command/method when you are coding bilingual. I have always been a self-taught person in most of the areas in my life, including my very dear programming. Other than books, these communities have really helped me a lot. So, i'm listing down few websites that can help you start with coding( if you are a beginner) or help you with advance debugging( if u r already on it!). StackOverFlow This is basically a programmer's very own google. Stack over flow is the largest programming community across the globe, created by Jeff Atwood and Joel Spolsky in 2008. Whatever you want to know, someone might have already posted the query and you&

Code from Home: 40 Online Programming Resources to Learn Code

Heyo!πŸ‘‹ Long time no see. Now, no promises but we all have hopes of a more regular posting schedule.πŸ˜› Anyways,😌 Things are slowly getting normal on some portions of this blue marble ball while some already have new normals normalized. In the east, Some islands are drowning in debt while some islands look like a 🐈 pet/plant parenthood wave πŸ₯¬with Work-from-Home cocktail sips of a slower living. In the west, Some pieces of land suspect a πŸ’£ raging game of musical chairs while some suspected this party boring and are already pointing their getaway car to martian perchlorated-soil. πŸ‘½ Amidst all of it, is a clan of humans undivided by the invisible frequencies of the internet who just wants to stay in their bed and earn their right to bend their minds and neck freely.                        So, this seems to be a time where brains 🧠can be directed to enter the programming clan or revisit a coding phase. Either way, following resources come handy. These are some of my picks of online pr

Fall Color Palette: My picks

Hey, Autumn is almost here and these are the colors that I am looking forward to more than the others this year: Brown: Something about this hue has been on my mind for months now. Maybe its the 'brown is the new black' effect or just the grounding properties it reflects. Midnight Blue: The depth in this awakens my Scorpio intensity, its mystic, mesmerizing and brings out my eye color better.  Viva Magenta: Color of the year. Well, it's technically a mix between red & pink but best of both worlds, right? Tan: Couple of years ago, I went on a walk wearing tan boots. The person accompanying me also wore the same colored boots. During the walk of matching footsteps I realized, hey! I kinda like this color now. I have thought about it every fall since then. Forever Pink: Just cz it is a 'fall color' post, doesn't mean I am going to leave pink from it. Pink stays! weather its in my wardrobe or on my mind. Do you know how hard it is to let go of a pink when its th